Welcome to Absolutely Plants

Why this blog was started

On Friday 25 January 2019, a gathering of around one hundred people attended a presentation in the SelectHealth Auditorium, St. George, Utah, given by Alberto Brizolara MD. His subject, ’What You Need to Know About Eating a Plant Based Diet’, was part of the IHC (Intermountain Healthcare) outreach series of LiVe Well lectures. I was invited to give my testimony about the new life I have enjoyed after I had independently adopted the same dietary rĂ©gime that Dr. Brizolara advocates.

H6448x13h1500 1125 Brizolara presentation

At the end of the presentation, I was asked many questions that confirmed the old adage that the hardest part of any job is getting started. One of the attendees approached me afterwards and said, “Thank you for being such a wonderful example to us all.” I was astounded and somewhat embarrassed: nobody has ever said that to me before throughout my whole life. Really! I am more used to notoriety than I am to celebrity. Notoriety imposes no responsibilities, but that kind lady’s words made me think that perhaps I should help others who wanted to start on a journey to better health through adopting an absolutely plants diet.

Carrot rainbowCredit: Stephen Ausmus, US Dept. of Agriculture

If you are thinking about taking action to improve your health then I hope Absolutely Plants will provide you with inspiration and practical ways to establish and achieve your goals. Unaccustomed as I am to baring my soul in public, once I get my courage up I will offer my personal testimony for the absolutely plants diet.

Comments